Similar to Windows 10, Windows 11 has a large number of Microsoft-made default programs. Other of these, including Notepad, Alarm & Clock, and Media Player, offer fundamental functions, although some Windows users might deem others useless.
To uninstall some of the pre-installed Windows apps, utilize tools like Bloatware Removal Tool or O&O AppBuster.
Microsoft frequently adds new programs to Windows and upgrades existing ones. This article in the “What’s New in Windows 11 Version 22H2” series examines improvements that pertain to applications.
In a rush? The primary modifications are as follows:
- Clipchamp, a video editor, is built into Windows 11.
- Windows 11 has an integrated family app.
- updating printing applications.
In 2021, Microsoft purchased Clipchamp, a web-based video editor. Since 2020, the app has been a Microsoft Store application. Microsoft updated its March 2022 Insider versions to include Clipchamp as a native application.
Since Clipchamp’s free plan had restrictions that rendered it useless for the great majority of customers, the integration felt hurried. The initial iteration watermarked the outputs in addition to restricting exports to 480p.
In the same month, Microsoft published a new version that increased the export cap to 1080p. Since then, Microsoft has eliminated watermarks from free version imports and provided users with access to pre-made filters, effects, and audio, image, and video content. Microsoft changed from having two premium plans to just one.
Beginning with Windows 11 version 22H2, Clipchamp is an integrated program. The program is accessible through the Start menu. A user account is required for Clipchamp, which also supports personal Google, Facebook, and Microsoft accounts.
Users can choose from a variety of templates when they launch Clipchamp. There are templates available for well-known online platforms like Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube as well as occasion-specific and customized templates, like those for Halloween, marketing, and gaming.
The simplicity of usage of Clipchamp is one of its main advantages. Recording a video, adding stock media, filters, or effects only requires a few clicks. Even in Clipchamp Pro, Windows users shouldn’t expect Adobe Premiere Pro capabilities, although it might be beneficial for quick video creation and editing.
The use of templates along with stock elements, filters, and effects increases the video editor’s usefulness significantly. Hundreds of templates are supported by Clipchamp, and they all seem to be free. Stock video, music, and image content is restricted because there is only one free category available for each, however the premium membership version has access to many free categories.
Users who require simple video making and editing tools should use this program. Due to the removal of its significant restrictions, the free version is now functional. The paid edition, which includes premium stock, filters, effects, content backup, and brand kit support, is available to professionals.
Users of Windows 11 can uninstall the app in the following ways if they no longer need it:
1. Choose Start, look for Clipchamp, then choose Uninstall from the context menu.
2. You can also choose Start > Settings, go to Apps > Installed Apps, search for Clipchamp there, open the menu that appears to the right of the listing, and choose Uninstall from the menu.
The second program that is now a native application is called Family. Microsoft released it along with Clipchamp to Insider builds.
The software provides family management and parental control features. Microsoft cites these three fundamental uses:
- Online, keep your loved ones safe.
- Make sure your family arrives home in safety.
- Keep everyone in agreement.
Family members must be added to the app in order to use it effectively. All choices for family management may then be employed after that.
Screen time and content filters are examples of parental control choices. On linked Windows, Xbox, and supported mobile devices, screen time can be limited. Similar to this, content filters can be set up to prohibit offensive content. The Family Safety app must also be installed on these devices in order for the feature to work on any supported platforms. This makes it simple to go around the restriction by using another web browser or app, for example.
The Microsoft Family application offers extra functions like:
- Finding family members: For this to work, family members’ mobile devices need to have the Family Safety app installed.
- Spending: Fund a family account with money so that members can purchase items from the Microsoft Store.
- Reporting activity gives you the ability to monitor family members’ activities. A weekly report is automatically delivered to the inbox.
- Emailing the entire family at once is called “family email.”
- Family calendar: add events and reminders for your family, and keep track of all of your events.
- Family OneNote is a shared family notebook for making grocery lists, taking notes, and planning vacations.
- Driving safety – see insights from family drives (premium feature).
Family functions best when every member has a sizable financial stake in the Microsoft environment. The Family app must be downloaded on mobile devices in order to increase the usefulness and reach.
Delete the Family app.
Additionally, the Family program is not secured, thus a Windows administrator may remove it from the machine by utilizing default options:
- Choose Start, look for Family, then pick Uninstall from the context menu.
- You can also choose Start > Settings, go to Apps > Installed Apps, search for Family, open the menu that pops up next to the listing, and choose Uninstall from the menu.
Updating Printing Apps
A new print queue and print dialog are included in the new feature update for Windows 11. The style now has a contemporary layout.
The automatic discovery of network printers in Windows 11 version 22H2 and the automatic installation of printer drives without the need for the Settings app have both been improved.
Windows receives new capability thanks to Clipchamp and Family. Family is highly constrained and may not be widely used as a result. On the other hand, Clipchamp provides good functionality due to the removal of several limitations from the video editor’s initial release.
Will you use the new applications, I ask you?
I appreciate you reading Techgummy. New and improved apps in Windows 11 version 22H2 first published on Techgummy Tech News.