How to Launch a WordPress Site On Hostinger: 6 Simple Steps
Hostinger is a web hosting company that provides shared hosting, reseller hosting, dedicated hosting, and VPS hosting services. This article talks about how to install wordpress on hostinger.
Every business, group of organizations, and even an individual project now needs a website. One of the most popular platforms for creating websites is WordPress. To start a WordPress site, nevertheless, is a skill that not everyone possesses. You won’t have any trouble completing the process with the aid of this instruction, so don’t worry. Installing WordPress on Hostinger is very easy and straight forward. Youn don’t need any programming skills to do this.
So how exactly do you start a WordPress website? It’s not as challenging as you may imagine. WordPress is a content management system after all, and its purpose is to help users launch websites.
You can start and install WordPress site on hostinger by following the instructions in our tutorial.
1. Define Your Business Idea and Main Website Content
Choosing the type of website you want to install on hostinger is the first and most crucial step before you launch a WordPress site. You can be launching a blog, an online store, a company profile, etc.
Pick a subject for your website to be focused on if you are making one for personal use. Choose a niche for your content.
It might be anything like photography blog, health talk blog, travel blog, or culinary blog. Choose a topic that interests you so that creating content won’t feel tiresome in the long term.
After choosing a topic, you should consider what your website’s main objective is. Do you intend to make money from your website, or is it only for fun? Whatever objectives you choose, be careful to stick with them.
You should also choose your intended readership. Who will gain from your writing? Your content’s format, style, and tone will be impacted by this.
2. Pick an appropriate domain name
Selecting a domain name is a further critical step that requires careful consideration. This is so that your domain name accurately reflects your entire brand. Consequently, it must be carefully considered.
Your domain name most times help new users of your website to get all the necessary information about your website. Take for an instance ours which is ‘techgummy’, the tech here means that it is a technology niche website.
What do YouTube, Netflix, and Wikipedia have in common? a memorable, short, and distinctive name that is simple to spell. That is the ideal format for a domain name. You don’t want a name that is challenging to spell or remember to turn visitors away.
You can utilize domain name generators to aid you in the process.
When you’re satisfied with the name you’ve decided on, it’s time to see if the domain name is still available and buy it.
You may purchase.store,.online, or.xyz names at Hostinger or Namecheap for less than $1, and.com domains for $9.99. Additionally, you can pay a fair fee to register a.co.uk domain or any other country-code TLD.
3. Setup a Web Hosting Service
You must choose the best web host before you can build a WordPress website. When selecting a hosting company, keep the following things in mind:
- Your Long Term Plan : What resources will your website require, what are your plans for the upcoming year, and how much will it expand?
- Uptime scale : A reliable web host that operates around-the-clock is crucial.
- Affordability and pricing : Budgeting and expenditures are crucial when operating a website over time. You don’t want to spend extra money on a web host that can’t adequately meet your needs.
- Ease of use : Many website owners are not trained programmers. It should be simple to navigate the Hosting platform control panel.
- Customer support : Your desired webhost should be able to support you if your website is offline or having any issues.
You won’t have to worry about the aforementioned issues with Hostinger because their hosting is reasonably priced and of the utmost quality. In less than a minute, you can reach one of their customer success professionals via live chat assistance as well. Try out there free hosting service if you’re just getting started. Visit Official Website
4. Install WordPress Core CMS Software
With just a few clicks from Hostinger’s control panel, WordPress can be installed. In just a few minutes, you’ll be able to create a WordPress website!
Here is how to go about it via hostinger control panel:
1. First, You have to login to your hosting dashboard. One that is done, access Hostinger’s dashboard, and click on the Auto-Installer icon.
2. Find the WordPress button and simply click it.
3. Type in this necessary details and keep record of them for reference:
- URL ‒ your registered domain or address of your WordPress website you purchased.
- Language ‒ pick the primary language for WordPress.
- Administrator Username ‒ this is the username you’ll use to log into the WordPress admin dashboard.
- Administrator Password ‒ this is the password that you have to type in to enter the WordPress admin dashboard area.
- Administrator email ‒ enter an active email address as it’ll be used for notifications, installation details and password reset when the need arises.
- Website Title ‒ your new blog/website’s title
- Website Tagline ‒ a slogan or a short description of what your site is about.
4. When you are done with the above, Click on the Install button. This will automatically download and install a new WordPress blog for you. Your will see your new website address displayed such as www.yourdomainname.com and www.yourdomainname.com/wp-admin (for WordPress admin login)
5. Pick and Activate a responsive niche focused Theme
Make sure your WordPress site looks and functions well before launching it.
Different layouts and themes could be needed for various types of blogs and websites. A more intricate design is required for an eCommerce website than for a blog.
WordPress has an incredible selection of themes, which is its best feature.
Both free and paid themes are available. Zakra, Shapely, and Astra are a few well-liked free WordPress themes, while Uncode, Divi, and X are a few of the premium themes we suggest.
You can also browse the WordPress theme gallery and choose one that best suits your requirements.
Simply log into your WordPress Dashboard and select the Appearance option to begin installing a theme. Click on Themes and select Add New . Search and select from the vast themes the one you want to customise for your website . When you find the WordPress theme you want by searching for it and moving the cursor over it, click the Install button to automatically install the theme. Click on activate to activate the theme and view your website in live mode.
You can view our tutorial on installing WordPress themes for a more thorough explanation.
6. Install Plugins to extend Your Website functions
You’ll need to pick and install plugins before you can build a WordPress site. There are several plugins for WordPress that can help you increase the functionality of your websites, including ones that improve admin features, increase website security, and much more.
Below are the important plugins you need to install and activate before launching your blog;
- WooCommerce ‒ this plugin is very useful if you want to set up an online store. Perfect for website owners who want to use their WordPress website to sell their products or services.
- Yoast SEO ‒ this plugin is one of the best Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plugins. It helps you to publish higher-quality, search- engine friendly optimized content.
- W3 Total Cache ‒ this plugin helps your site to load faster on your readers’ computer whenever they visit your webpage.
- Keyy Two Factor Authentication ‒ this plugin for your website security purposes. It protects your website from unauthorized access. It lets you or any unauthorize personnel to confirm their identity through a secondary device means.
How to install plugins on your WordPress Website:
You now understand how to start a WordPress website! It’s not difficult at all, but preparing it requires careful thought because there are so many details to consider. With any luck, this tutorial will assist you in the procedure. Once more, let’s review the steps:
- Define the site’s content idea ‒ Identify your goals and audience, then choose a niche.
- Decide on a domain name ‒ come up with a short, easy-to-remember domain name.
- Choose a web host ‒ Affordable web hosting is available from Hostinger.
- Install WordPress ‒ Through Hostinger’s control panel, WordPress can be set up in a matter of clicks.
- Pick a theme ‒ Design your site to your taste using WordPress Themes
- Install plugins ‒ extend your website’s functionality and capability with WordPress plugins.
You can now officially launch your WordPress website and begin your online adventure!